Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Am I the only person who like Valentine's Day?

Commercial it may be but I don't care. Flowers, chocolates, candlelit dinners, fluffy teddies, secret admirers - it all sounds rather nice to me.

Does Loco know about my love for all things Valentine? Hell yes he does. I have been prepping him since the last big present giving event.

So then, has he got the hint and organised something hopelessly romantic and soppy?
Hell.. no he bloody well hasn't. Unfortunately my friends, my prepping has gone very wrong.


Barcelona has the unfortunate luck of having the largest telecommunications fair going on over the Valentine period. This means that for the 3/4 days of the fair, all hotels, restaurants etc etc are booked up to the hilt - so you could say, a fair excuse for not being able to find a table for your loved one on the 14th February.

This may be true if you're loved one hadn't informed you of this potential problem months in advance and continually reminded you of it in the run up to Valentine's day. If this is the case then there is no excuse.

Yes - I am talking about little Loco - who only took it upon himself to try and reserve a table yesterday - and has been apologising profusely for his lack of Valentine's skills ever since. I am secretly hoping that this is all a front for a big surprise he has prepared, but deep down I know the truth is it is that he hasn't. And poor little me has to make do with an e-card. Loco thinks that taking me for dinner on Friday will make up for it, well let me tell you, unless he takes me for dinner in Paris - he has little hope of making up for his Valentine's day blunder and as punishment I shall bleat on about it for as long as I can away with.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dinner tables, shminner tables. Crap excuse. There is nothing wrong with a lovely homecooked meal. Or a nicely heated up M&S one (or whatever the Barca equivalent is). Or even (at a stretch) a romantic takeaway with candles and champagne.

I feel more training is required.

Drama Queen said...

I felt how you did yesterday. I love Valentine’s Day yet every single bloody blogger was bemoaning the commercial element of it. Well I don’t care, I had a wonderful day.

And I got flowers sent to my work, chocolates and tea cups waiting for me at home. Followed by some wining and dining. Its taken me a long time to get him here but I now think he is perfect Boyfriend material, I am enviousness of his next girlfriend* who will get him all perfect because of MY hard work.

Anyway, as I say I had to shape BF before he could be this good. There were plenty of disappointments in the run up.

Hope your man makes up for it on Sat,

DQ

X

* I am kidding.