Sunday, July 22, 2007

bad hair day

I’m back to UK this weekend where I shall be making a long overdue visit to the hairdresser. After two and a half years I still haven’t got over my fear of Spanish hairdressers and will only go to my tried and tested salon in England. This is despite the fact that it has been a good 4 months between visits, despite the fact I live next door to a salon and despite the fact that it is the Suegra’s salon.

I have got as far as letting Suegra dry my hair, and she does it very nicely, but cut, no, no cutting and highlights, no way josé. I did once allow myself to be persuaded into visiting the salon to get my roots done… but never again. I tried to explain how they do it in England, (lots of foils, different colours, tiny bits of hair, natural look). That much was understood –

“but how do they do your roots?”
“like I just told you” I explain
“but they must do the roots another way”
“no! like I told you – the foils etc etc”
“hmm but you can’t do roots with foils.. but, well, we can try”

So they tried, two hours later and lo and behold the roots look the same i.e. dark, they tell me there is no way that the roots can be done that way and they must have been painted with a brush. I sigh and vow never to go back much to the disappointment of suegra.

So here I am with scraggly, root showing hair wondering if there are any decent hairdressers in Spain that won’t make you look like a badger or any other striped animal.

I definitely don’t think I’ll be visiting Suegra’s beauty salon…

1 comment:

Drama Queen said...

I still only get my hair cut in the UK so I understand your fear.