Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The language of love


Loco's English is coming along quite well. He took lessons a few months ago but then for work-related reasons had to stop. We often practice in the car and have been able to hold conversations of up to an hour!

I am extremely anti-dubbing so on every possible occaision we watch films in their original language - normally English, this also helps Loco with his English although he is inclined to prefer gory, violent films whereas I like romantic comedies, however it helps his vocabulary but he tends to learn words like mofo, shut the fuck up, and randomly fuck my arse (!?). But his personal favourite has to be "I love you honey bunny" (pulp fiction) which he says to me sometimes, and in his own special way, it becomes, "I love you honey pig" as he didn't think a rabbit was fitting to describe me and my tummy. Lovely, just lovely.



4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

*ahhh*

I get called a piggy everytime I eat chocolate. My friends find it insulting, BF and I find it hilarious!!!

Couples are weird aren't they?

phoenix said...

Aw I think it's sweet.:-)

Girl said...

At least he made it his own?

Maisha said...

lol!he is funny...