Monday, April 23, 2007

The guilt rose


Today it is St George's day (known as San Jordi in Catalunya). Here in Barcelona you can find the streets lined with book stalls and rose sellers, for it is tradition that girls should receive a rose and boys a book. I would presonally prefer a book but Loco has just passed by to surprise me by bringing me a red rose :) or a guilt rose in his case.

Loco has good reason to feel guilty, this weekend it was my birthday and Loco decided that he didn't feel like buying me a present. He told me from the outset that he hadn't bought me a present but I thought he was lying so that he could surprise me later in the day, at lunch? (no), in the afternoon? (no), in the evening perhaps? (no), a fancy dinner? (no), bedtime then? (no and no). Loco had in fact told the truth - he hadn't bought me a present - after all I'd said it didn't matter some time ago - I don't remember those words coming from my mouth..


I was very sad that Loco hadn't got me a present, or even a card, and from my wailing and sobbing I think Loco realises that he made a grave error in judgement on this occasion; Hence the guilt rose. It's a step, but he still has a long way to go. Didn't the boy learn on Valentine's day?

6 comments:

Drama Queen said...

OMG. The man you live with got you nothing for your bday. I hope he got a slap. Hard.

Shameless said...

His excuse was that he bought me a big present in February. Of course this excuse is invalid to me as it is not my problem he couldn't wait until my birthday to give me it. I just hope he is out shopping now. His father is the same, no presents for suegra ever, it's in the genes.

Drama Queen said...

Yikes but it was Val in Feb and he got you nothing so the computer was to make up for that!!

Now in sunny April all work done in Feb is forgotten. Doesn't he know the rules?

Was my bday last week as well.

Decline to get him anything for his and see what he thinks.

Shameless said...

Tried telling him that and he says he doesn't mind.. Cleary I am far more materialistic and greedy. The rules need explaining again me thinks, and again and again until the presents start flooding through the door. I bet your boy got you a nice present ey.

Drama Queen said...

Well yes but I won't brag. Anyway, he needed training too, I didn't find him this perfect. . .honest!!!

Anonymous said...

Men really just don't get it sometimes, do they? Just because they never give presents/cards to each other!

Obviously your relationship means more than just gifts, but that's SO not the point!

He'll learn!