Friday, April 15, 2005

The Chicken Club - priority membership

As always a weather update to begin: it's fantastic! The weather today is awesome, blue skies, sunshine and warmth.. it makes eating the most delicious icecream in the world even better.

This last week Maisy and Tia came to stay.. had a great time.. it's always nice to have compatriots at The Hotel! but have to admit going out every night and working every day did almost send me to an early grave.. I am sad to say I was not my usual crazy fun self and had to ashamedly slink back home at 3 or 4 every night thereby leaving the girls to fend of the Spanish men and missing the funnest drunkenest part of the night to get a few precious hours sleep.. at least I wasn't hung over though, have had to seriously cut back on alcohol since J's visit and my probable alcohol poisoning. It's for the best, need to get rid of my little food baby before the real summer weather comes around, which has also led me to complete my two missions for this month

1. Join the gym - Luckily it's down the road on my same street so I'm pleased about that, although so far I have only managed to get as far as the onsite hairdresser.. still.. it's a start

2. Salsa classes - Joined up to some salsa lessons last week with a few mates. Hoping to get good so i can get involved in dancing at the salsa clubs. Went to one last week with my housemates and Maisy and Tia and it was fun. The Spanish salsa champions happened to be there and they were amazing! My housemates and I sat mesmerised by their crazy moves. I was asked to dance on a number of occasions but unfortunately I had to turn them all down due to my inability to dance salsa... hence the lessons!! My housemate has offered to show me on a number of occasions but from what I saw at the salsa club I think he has some special (unknown to the general salsa dancing public) salsa moves of his own....

He has also invited me to join his elusive chicken club (there is a long story behind the name.. can't be bothered to explain). Members have to possess a certain philosophy and outlook on life, once proven they can enjoy sailing trips around Mallorca and other crazy fun chicken events. Mai and Tia also proved themselves worthy of chicken status and it didn't even involve naked time.. result! Am looking forward to experiencing the delights of Mallorca in June.

Anyway it is time to get back to work.. am having the day off on Friday to head down to the deep south for my cousins' christenings.. will be nice to finally see them as they're 6 months old now!

No comments: