Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Ring and ting

This weekend I was back in the UK stocking up on quintessentially British products, difficult to find in Spain, such as wispa bars, and stuffing myself full of roast potatoes and Yorkshire pudding. I now have, what the Spanish would call, an “empacho” – basically I ate so much I am now feeling sick sick sick. Last night I ate an apple and a jelly for dinner and it was still too much. Plain white rice seems to be the order of the day – bleugh.

In UK Loco and I went on a little shopping trip, it was productive, I ended up with a new coat. During the trip the subject of rings came up and how one I had been recently given (not by him) was too big for me

“So rings come in sizes then” said Loco
“Of course they come in sizes – not everyone has the same size finger”
“Oh.”

A few minutes later
“Well how do you know what size is your size”
“At the jeweler they have a device that measures your ring, or you can just do it with a bit of string and compare it to a chart”
“Oh right. So what ring size are you then?”
“Me? I don’t really remember – N I think. Ring sizes come in letters”
“Oh” Loco replied before going quiet.

What does this mean???



Santa baby.. will you be bringing me a ring this christmas?

I hope so :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Either that or 'da da dadaaaa...da da dadaaaaaaaaaaaa' (the wedding march)

Don't they sell yorkshire puds in espania?? menenenenennntal.

Shameless said...

You can get yorkshire puddings at Irish pubs and stuff but nothing as good as the homemade real thing - and considering I am unable to make one, I have to wait til I go home .. sniff sniff.

pink jellybaby said...

oh how exciting!! i'm so jealous!! weeeeeeeeeee

Shameless said...

Let's not get too excited. He may have only been asking out of curiousity after all. This is the boy that didn't think it was necessary to get his girlfriend a birthday present. or card...

Drama Queen said...

Squeeeee. And a pic is up there just so he knows exactly what you want ;-)