Monday, September 17, 2007

Ugly Betty

So being in Spain I don’t have much access to English TV especially now I’m living with Loco and I no longer have digital and the FOX channel. Sob.

However, I have found ways to get round this such as
www.tv-links.co.uk, www.youtube.com , buying DVDs from www.play.com (free delivery to Spain if you pay in Euros) and of course downloading the odd program from my old friend who wavers on the line of illegality, emule.

The latest show I’ve been hooked on is Ugly Betty – I know, I know I’m so behind – but anyway I watched the season finale last night and completely unaware of what was going to happen, (what? I don’t get Heat out here) and oh my – I cried for so long. With my earplugs in watching the final scene sobbing my heart out little did I realize Loco had been observing me for a good 5 minutes and was absolutely pissing himself while I wailed “it’s just sooo sad, so sad” which in turn made me snort a half laugh/half snotty sob and just made him laugh all the harder.

I am now excitedly awaiting the return of UB on US TV on the 27th September and I hope to be the first in downloading it for my viewing pleasure.

In other news only 3 more sleeps until my holiday!!

2 comments:

dateline said...

Hey all. I have a great book -- definitely in the “Ugly Betty” mode -- to recommend. It’s called “The Flawless Skin of Ugly People” (by a guy named Doug Crandell) and it’s fabulous. It’s about the relationship between a misfit of a guy with really bad acne and his extremely overweight girlfriend. Think Jenny Craig ad crossed with ProActiv infomercial, and you’ll get the idea. The best thing, though, is that this is a real love story, really romantic. And a really comforting read for anybody (like me) tired of all the perfect heroes and heroines in these kind of books. It’s out this week (and in paperback, which is good), and definitely worth buying.

Maisha said...

lol!i looooooooove ugly betty!