Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ding dong the bells are gonna chime


Last night I had a very peculiar dream that I had been forced to dump Loco in order to marry my gay cousin.

There was a huge engagement party with all my family and friends where my cousin presented me with a box in the form of a frog and the ring formed the part of the eyes. It was unspeakably ugly. And all the time I cried because I didn’t want to marry my cousin and Loco wouldn’t have me back.

The chances of this particular dream coming true are highly unlikely but I woke up a bit traumatized.

Loco and I have had little chats about getting married lots of times and it’s no secret (to him) that I would like to get married before I hit 30, a couple of years before 30 preferably (apart from my own selfish reasons - I don’t want any wrinkles or fine lines in my wedding photos, I would also like my grandparents to be able to see me get married and time is definitely running out for those guys) I also want a good 18 months to plan. That would mean he would have to propose sometime in the next year for things to go to plan. (Ha! All this says the girl who always said she was never gonna get married and that marriage was for losers, how things change)

He generally skirts around the issue especially when his family members ask if we’re going to get hitched he generally replies, “No, I don’t want to get married ever” and the like. I just like to assume he’s joking (Please God, let him be joking) and that he says these things to wind up his mother who is just gagging for us to get married and like any boy he likes to go and do the opposite to what his mother would like. Gah.

However, on Saturday we decided to get a nice bottle of white to have with our lunch at home and as we raised our glasses to clink them, I asked what we should toast to

Note Loco’s reply:

“To the wedding!”

Me: “What wedding? OUR WEDDING??”

Loco just sat there grinning…

Maybe you need to start watching this space… Maybe I need to start buying Bride magazine. Agh! Maybe I'll secretly start planning just in case he thinks he can get away with less than 18 months preparation. I read an article about women who plan their weddings without even having a boyfriend! Well at least I'm past step 1... Agh I'm bridezilla already and it only took one comment from the Loco.

Anyway more strange comments from Loco insinuating that he does in fact want to get married to come shortly.

1 comment:

Drama Queen said...

Haha. To test BF's intentions I always joke about how nice it would be for ME to propose to him. . .he gets so mad saying that it would steal his thunder etc etc and how that is something HE wants to do. . .its nice to have it confirmed even if its not what you want right now.