Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Suegra issues

Although I count myself very lucky when it comes to suegra, no mother-in-law’s from hell here, which is especially good considering I live with her.. last night she left me a bit miffed.

I can’t remember how the conversation started out exactly but I do remember the lecture that continued for at least an hour. Suegra is convinced that when Loco and I move into the apartment we are going to find ourselves facing a variety of problems regarding issues such as housework. She thinks that as she spoils us at home by doing the cooking, cleaning and washing (I'm very lucky, I know!) when we move to the apartment we are going to find it very difficult to do it for ourselves and hence we will have arguments. I tried to explain to Suegra that I have been living away from my mother for near on 8 years and do know how to wash, iron, cook and clean and so did Loco. But she was not to be convinced and went on and on and on. I personally didn’t think it was very nice of her to assume and inform me of all the problems I would be having with Loco over housework as if we were 5. It just makes me feel a bit shit even though I don’t think she’s right.

She also told me how couples that worked never went out alone and those couples who did there own thing on a Saturday night were destined for doom and gloom.

After she had finished I went straight to bed and stayed there.

Rant over.

No comments: