Thursday, October 18, 2007

Financial ruin

First of all a big shout out to whoever searched for "horny tree huggers" and found me! Not quite sure how you managed it but welcome anyway.

We got our first quote for the building work on the apartment last night... I think I may change the title of this blog to financially ruined hussy. I understand that we're having a lot done (i.e. everything electrics, plumbing, new floors, doors, bathrooms, kitchen etc) but 9000 Euros just to rip stuff out? Come on! I think Loco and I will be taking out the kitchen cabinets ourselves.. how hard can it be (please don't remind me of this when I moan and whinge about it being very hard indeed). Not to mention the rest of the quote which eats up nearly our whole budget and doesn't even include the most expensive things like the kitchen, bathrooms and doors. It's the most expensive half-quote I've ever seen.

Anyway we'll just await the next one and hope for the best...

If it is anywhere near as expensive then I can forget any weddings in 2009 oh and 2010 and 2011 and probably for the rest of my life because dear friends, weddings in Spain are HUGELY expensive - we're talking 180 Euros a head average (for 2009)- and with big families like Loco's and medium size families like mine even with wedding funds we're still gonna have to save a shit-load of money before that can happen. sniff sniff. That will serve me right for getting ahead of myself ey.

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Ahaha! I think you haven't locked Flat-zilla up hard enough ;-)

Shameless said...

Hahaha.. true say.. damn that evil flat obsessed monster.

an Oracle said...

9000€ just to rip stuff out ?

Shameless said...

Yeh! Crazy huh! Maybe I should move into the world of construction, seems like you can earn a pretty penny