Friday, August 17, 2007

Ayyy

I’m really getting bad at this whole blogging thing! Call me lazy.

I’ve just been away for a few days to Andalucia to soak up some rays and try to get some kind of a tan… This is a place where I have spent summers year in year out for the last 25 years and it’s always hot, hot, hot. Mid August can usually expect temperatures of around 35-40ºc in the daytime and a little less at night but you can forget the sheets and blankets.

This year it was cold. 22ºC cold. I wore a scarf – I kid you not. Although I enjoyed chomping on the local pescaito frito and other delicious seafood, I did not enjoy sitting outside on a terrace freezing my bits off. Even in the daytime with the sun beating down, the wind was so chilly that rather than lie on my towel, I lay under it.

I have another week of holiday due in September and I am still trying to decide where to go and what to do. I think I’ve ruled out the Caribbean for hurricane related motives and will probably settle for somewhere closer to home – I wonder what Bulgaria is like.

In other news, Ireland, yes that old chestnut, is coming over for another visit at the end of August. I think I should see him this time and I will have to put my foot down with Loco, after all it’s been nearly 2 years since I last saw him and nothing is going to happen. Curiously the night before I heard from Ireland, and I rarely hear from him at all these days, I had a dream about him.. spooky eh!

I have refrained from telling Loco for now as I don’t want all the stress before Ireland arrives – I think I’ll inform him on the day or the day before – meaning only one stressful day. Besides he speaks to his ex all the time – a little give and take is in order me thinketh.

No comments: