Thursday, March 01, 2007

5 things

A summary of my week

Ireland: Didn't see him at all. Feel a bit bad but have scored points with Loco.

Skiiing: Off tomorrow, hope there is snow. Also hope I don't break any bones .

Wii: It's still fun, have now discovered how to connect to the internet and blog lurk from there. hehehe.

Housing: At the end of March I will become homeless as my contract runs out on the apartment. Suegra (mother-in-law) is very pleased about this as it means that I can go and stay with her until Loco and I move into his apartment together. It's all getting serious!

Cleaning the street: A curiosity - In Spain most people live in apartment blocks. Some apartment blocks have a portera o portero, usually a surly old witch, who watches over who comes in and out and the building, deals with post and is responible for general upkeep and cleaniness of commnunal areas inside the block. However, many porteras/os feel it is their duty to clean the pavement just in front of their apartment by sweeping away any leaves, cigarette butts and other litter. They generally sweep it in front of a neighbouring apartment block. I have even seen some porteras go as fas as to mop the pavement. What purpose does this serve? Does anyone even notice if the pavement in front of one building has less leaves than in front of another?

7 comments:

Drama Queen said...

I watched a man spend about an hour* clearing the snow from right outside his shop so that his customers could get in. He didn't seem to acknowledge that he was shifting all the snow to outside his neighbours shop, which lay in the pathway to get to his shop!!

* hey I was bored.

Enjoy ski-ing!

Drama Queen said...

Goth made me do this. . .

(this is his words - see my comments from todays post)

Now I can't do the bag-tag that's going around at the moment (contents of my handbag being fuck all) so I'm going to create another TAG - if you have an iPod, you have to switch it to random and list (truthfully) the first ten songs, artists that it throws up and seeing as you cannot tag just one person I tag the following 5:-

Goth, SH, CJ, Craic Girl, Elisabeth

Answers on your blogs please and then you have to TAG another 5 peeps - let the fun begin.

(No iPod? not getting out that easy, pretend you have one and let's hear what weird crap you listen to.....)

Shameless said...

Here are my 10. They are random and embarrassing and I didnt even know I had some of these songs let alone have listened to them:

Part of Me - Linkin Park (WTF???)
Who wants flowers when your dead. Nobody - Bring me the Horizon (Again.. WTF???)

Verde que te quiero verde - Manuel Carrasco (little bit of rumba)

Sausage Gut - Jurrasic 5

I'm gonna be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers

Next year baby - Jamie Cullum

Soar - Christina Aguilera

She wants to move - N.E.R.D

Break on through - The Doors

Debaser - Pixies

Toma que toma - random spanish euro cheese

I am quite embarrassed by this selection. I figure it serves me right for copying younger sibling's music colection.

Drama Queen said...

Well it goes to show you haven't lied. I think some people are rigging this. BTW I love J5.

As for the Proclaimers. . .ta duh da! ta dud da! Ta duh, tum, de, de um, dum dum. . .!!

SpanishGoth said...

Rigging it? To whom does one refer on your high and mighty horse?

I know what you mean about the pavements in Spain though. Where our apartment is in Murcia, 2 doors down there is a roast chicken type establishment. The pavement outside there has to be washed every day. Next door doesn't and ours does so you walk through clean, dirty, clean with the obvious result - dirt gets tramped along - go figure.....

Shameless said...

I am also convinced that others have been editing their "random" ten. Am I the only honest person in the taggers?

Drama Queen said...

No I didn't rig. Did you see my 'human beat box' metion. And none of the songs that came up for me were really singles. Funny how 'some' got cool singles in amongst all those album tracks.