Monday, May 08, 2006

Crossing a line

I returned home from my holiday with a kidney infection so decided to take the month off drinking to recuperate.

I had been prescribed antibiotics in Andalucia but was still in pain on my return so I decided to see the Doc here. The Doc here turned out to be a complete bitch who told me I had nothing more than muscular pain, prescribed very strong ibuprofens for 7 days and had to be convinced into letting me take a urine test, not even a blood test! Which was to be taken a week later, what a waste of time – por favor!

The Red Bull Air Race (6 May 2006)

Having seen the ads and the website, I thought that it might be an interesting way to pass a Sunday afternoon so off I went to meet Jack and co down at the beach.

Normally I like to walk down to the beach, takes about an hour but it’s good exercise but I decided to get the metro for timing purposes. What a mistake, I couldn’t even get to the platform there were so many people and so I had no choice but to walk.

I called Jack to find out his coordinates and he informed me that he was in an excellent spot with a great view. I was immediately suspicious, having seen the vast numbers of people on their way to the beach I suspected Jack had done something crazy like, climbing on top of a building for example. When I reached my destination I found the reality was worse, Jack was on top of a wooden trellis type construction used to provide shade to the restaurant tables

The only way up was to climb on a chair, then a table, then climb up a stack of wobbly plastic chairs which kept wobbling. I didn’t like my chances but decided to join the newly formed queue – lots of people had decided to follow Jack’s lead

Once I reached the top my nerve left me and I had to have my hand held as I tiptoed across the rickety wooden slats to sit on the edge. Urghh.. Fear.

I was surprised that no-one had come to throw us off yet as some of slats had already cracked and broken through due to imbeciles who sat in the middle instead of the concrete edge. My surprise didn’t last long however, as the Mossos soon appeared to get us all down. Jack, the little rebel that he is decided to rebel for as long as possible, while I tried to get down as soon as possible. I scrambled down the chairs and Jack swung down like a monkey, and swung, and swung while the Mossos looked on, slightly miffed. When he finally did let go they were on hand to hand out a bollocking.

We watched the planes for a while but I soon got bored and decided to make my way home. We had been invited to Chuck’s for supper and I had to get changed.

On my way home I had a bit of eye contact with a guy who then stopped, turned around and asked me for a light. I obliged, a mistake, the guy decided to try it on all the way up the Ramblas, this is nothing new, the Ramblas, Randoms and me are three things that seem intertwined. And to be fair he was fairly hot, but anyone who tries to pick women up on the Ramblas is not really for me.

I ran home, changed, met Gracey and ran out again. We hailed a taxi and my mobile rang. Garrulo – I haven’t heard from him in a week, I have no idea what’s going on. He tells me he is ill with an ear infection and has been in bed for a week. I am not sure whether to believe this or not but for the time being he is being given the benefit of the doubt.

Chuck prepared for us a delicious meal which was immensely tasty and he then brought out the Jaegermeister. Unfortunately I was unable to partake due to the old kidneys but when Grace and Jack left I decided to stay and watch a movie.

We watched Life Aquatic and he stroked my hair while I laid in his lap and stroked his leg. The stroking continued throughout the film and by the end I was seriously turned on.

Just recently I have been having dreams about kissing Chuck and was thinking about the possibility of fancying him. Which I never have, and in fact on the first day I met him I thought he was creepy.

At that moment I decided that I did fancy him and when he asked me if I was staying, my answer was yes.

I changed into a T-shirt of his and got into bed laying on his chest.. the stroking started up again but this time much friskier than before. At one point he stopped, sighed and exclaimed what are we doing?? I didn’t know or particularly care, I was horny as hell. It was when I tried to kiss him he stopped me and said

I’m sorry, I can’t kiss you.

Why not?

Because we’re friends and this would fuck things up.

I shrugged, sighed and rolled over and tried to sleep

The next day he got up while I was still sleeping and things were a little bit strained.

I decided walking home that I couldn’t tell anyone about this as there are already lots of people who think that he fancies me, not so many who think that I fancy him however. Well I now definitely know that he does not.

The next day I didn’t call him and I went for a huge dose of cinematic excitement in the form of Mission Impossible III with Andy. I then went home alone.

I spent the next week at home watching TV every night, trying to feel better about my kidneys but did agree to attend a BBQ at Grace’s tree hugging bf’s house in the countryside.

No comments: