Monday, May 15, 2006

A BBQ

We had the most perfect day just eating in the garden overlooking Montserrat. Most of us had caught the train, but one of the guys thought he would cycle all the way from Barcelona.. which I guess would’ve been fine if he had a map, and the people on the way hadn’t given him the wrong directions, which in the end meant he arrived at 6pm for a lunch time barbecue.

In the late afternoon we decided to go for a walk to a water hole about 40 minutes away, we scrabbled down the hillside and climbed boulders until we found it and then splashed like children in a gorgeous waterfall we found there, lots of the group decided to get naked but this was not for me, so the pleasures of the waterfall remain unknown.

I decided to ride one of the bikes that we had taken back to the house and as I sped along going faster and faster, I wondered to myself why I had ever stopped bike riding because it was really quite fun, and I was quite enjoying myself, until I reached a sharp curve and found myself unable to slow down in time …

I took the curve at a ridiculously fast speed, the bike wobbled but luckily didn’t fall, and I didn’t go over the edge but I scared myself shitless and remembered why I no longer rode a bike.

As well as being a beautiful spot for chillaxing, tree hugger’s garden also doubled up as a small marijuana plantation and when we got back from our walk we indulged in bread and green butter sprinkled with brown sugar, which was surprisingly tasty. I didn’t really notice any effect until I was on the train back to Barcelona and I started hysterically laughing to myself…

I spent the rest of the evening going to two unbelievably dull and boring parties and then I went for a drink with Tex and some of his friends although I spent most of the time in my own green butter little world..

No comments: