Sunday, August 27, 2006

Loco's village festival

Last night I went with Loco to his village festival.

Spaniards (especially those in Cacalunya) amaze me with their obsession with fireworks. Every major or even minor festival here involves, at some point or another, the throwing of fireworks, normally at other people. This one was no exception and lo and behold, upon arriving, we encountered devils dancing around with lit fireworks. Not to want to sound like a spoilsport or a pussy but I hate it! It's clearly dangerous and could burn someone!

Anyway we went and sat in one of the make shift bars and got ourselves a drink. I was feeling a little bit strange because Loco's family and friends not to mention the ex, were somewhere around and we cuold bump into them at any moment so it was a little bit nerve racking. In the end he did hold my hand and give me kisses and even searched (unsuccessfuly) for his brother to introduce me but I think this is because he knew his parents would not be there.

BUT - He has told his mother about me :)

We carried on strolling around the fair and went on one of the rides, kind of like a dangerous Spanish version of a waltzer, and then, then I saw Mr C's brother. Yes, as I think I may have mentioned previously, Loco is from the same village as Mr C and there, right in front of me was his brother, and his sister... and Mr C. I gasped and continued to walk as Loco asked me what was wrong. So I told him that I'd seen Mr C and we carried on walking.

We next went to look at the stalls and to quote Loco, my eyes were bulging out of my head when I saw Mr C and his family trooping towards me once more. This time I tried to make eye contact, but was unsuccessful in my endeavours. Loco says his face rings a bell. Well that doesn't surprise me as they live 2 streets away from each other. He also gave me grief for a while with the old "he's a good looking chap" chestnut, "I'm not as good looking as he is".

"Oh be quiet" I told him, "Yes he is good looking but I can't think of one thing that he has that I prefer to you" or something along those lines..

I had also arranged to meet my cousin as it is also Rat Steinberger's village but she never called.. quel surprise!

You can't choose your family!

No comments: