Monday, July 18, 2005

MTV Campari Party 7th July

The events of Thursday 7th July were pretty fucked up and when I got home I really had no desire to go out or do anything.. I then thought to myself.. fuck it.. this is what the people that did this want.. to screw up everyone’s life.. create havoc and chaos and to prevent people from going about their normal lives.. There was no way that was gonna happen to me.. and I had worked bloody hard to obtain myself an invite for the party that night that I was gonna go!

The party was being held by MTV and Campari.. I had seen some flyers for the event and wanted to go as I noticed Groove Armada were playing.. a good set if ever there was one.. however I was unaware of the exclusivity of the party and the difficulty in obtaining entrance… this did not put me off and after putting in a couple of calls to some people in the know I was on my way..

The party was held at Shoko which is a pretty cool bar as it is, with sort of an oriental thing going for it.. Campari and MTV had completely transformed it into a love palace.. at the door there was a giant martini glass with a girl laying in it and the club had been decked out in Campari colours with rose petals scattered everywhere.. a giant double bed with red and pink silk satin sheets and random giant oyster shells and stuff with girls in bikinis inside!

The bar was free. Yes. And Groove Armada played an unbelievably awesome set.. the whole club was pumping with the most “beautiful” people in Barcelona.. unfortunately these consist mainly of gay men. I did have one random man come up to me and start dancing for me.. he then put my hand under his top so I could feel his nice body!?! And then kissed my stomach.. very bizarre.. I then ran away.. why didn’t you save me I asked my friend.. oh, he said, I thought you knew him.. as if!

I went with some friends from the Dominican Republic although I have a sneaking suspicion that one may have a soft spot for me, at every opportunity he grabs hold of me like some kind of oversized leech.

Anyway it was an awesome night.

No comments: