Thursday, January 13, 2005

Written November 2005 but fits better here


Wow.. what a long time since I last wrote and so much has happened.. have made so many new friends and lost a few along the way too :( Have had 2 jobs and men have come and gone with no-one sticking in my heart or mind..

Well in a nutshell after I graduated in Summer 2004 I worked as a PA for 6 months in my home town. The job was good and the people I worked with lovely.

After "living" at home for a few weeks althought in reality spending most of my time at my friend Katie's, I could bear it no more and I moved in with 2 friends of mine, Marcus and Paul, 2 cats, Tigger and Gizmo and a Dog, Holly.

Towards the end of September 2004 Gerbil got the old heave-ho and I embarked on the first of a few flings with Caitlin's 18 year old neighbour.. probably not my brightest idea but fun at the time and since he's moved to the USA I now have somewhere to stay over there too!

In November I went to Berlin with work where I met my current boss, who offered me a job in Spain working for his company.. I met with him again in Madrid a few weeks later and decided to accept the job position in Barcelona! Crazy scary times! While on my weekend in Madrid I also met Mr Mexico who I became mildly obsessed with for a while. Mr M
was a (i think) gorgeous Mexican who is absolutely lovely although I was to find out later perhaps slightly mentally unbalanced.. (this is sort of a theme in choosing men)

My last few weeks in UK went by in a blur of parties and driving lessons.. those few months I did some of the craziest things like the night in London which I will perhaps expand on another time.. bad.. very bad.

On the 13th January I booked my driving lesson and failed.. and so flew out to Barcelona on the 14th with no licence, no accommodation, no friends.. people had said I was being brave but I thought nothing of it until I was on the plane thinking 'oh my god.. what the hell am I doing??'

I needn't have worried.. apart from the apartment search from HELL.. i must've looked at about 60 places.. I met so many great people!! (and a few not so great)

Argentina - My first housemate - a crazy Argentian - in my first couple of weeks we had many a drunken night!

Mr Catalunya - My boyfriend of 3 months.. we weren't really suited, he wanted a quiet life while I was addicted to the spanish nightlife.. he left me as he needed stability in his life something I was unable to offer.

Head Chicken - I have lived with HC now for 9 months.. he is from Mallorca and very self important although we get along fine most of the time.

The Kraut, V - my very german work colleague - a love hate relationship but we became good friends in the end.. has now left BCN :(

Leibemuffin - G - I met him on my first day of work. For ten months we saw each other every day and spent the weekends partying... left BCN last week.. I miss him :(

well.. that's just the start.. 18 months is a long time to try and fill in the gaps. I kept a sort of newsletter diary which I will now post as well, although this was edited somewhat due to ex bf's being on the mailing list etc so I may add to these newsletters with some other information that others were not privvy to..

No comments: