Thursday, January 20, 2005

My first newsletter

Hello everybody,

Well have almost finished my first whole week in Barcelona... and it´s not been too shabby! Out of the six nights I've been here I've arrived home drunk on four of them, so for someone that has no amigos, it's not bad going! (Incidentally I have a total of four amigos now). It was the second birthday celebration of the company I work for on Wednesday and I used it as an opportunity to make some friends with some clients here. It's amazing how many Germans and Austrians haven't even heard of The Sound of Music!! Madness.

Apart from working and the partaking of a few cheeky beverages the rest of my spare time has been taken up searching for a flat. What a nightmare that is! After looking at what seems like a hundred million places, I have narrowed it down to a place I saw today. Some of the places I have looked at have been truly strange, I went to one yesterday and the owner had huge photos of his dog with bows in her hair and many, many tacky little dog related ornaments all over the apartment. I decided that it wasn't really the place for me.

The apartment that I think I will choose is cool. These two gay guys live there, an Irish guy and a Spanish guy but they´re not a couple.. the room is really sunny.. has it´s own terrace and only 20 minutes walk from the beach.. which some people think is a bonus! The guys also seem very friendly and stuff and they have a little cat called Coco but the best thing about it is they have a guest room for visitors so I think I'll probably take it. But fear not, I will not be turning into a fag hag.

The weather, you'll all be pleased to hear, has been absolutely gorgeous. Today as well as being really really really sunny it's also warm... get in!

I've hardly eaten or slept all week but I have walked about 25 miles and seen loads of Bcn but not really any touristy places and although my heart lies in Madrid, Bcn will do for now! The main problem (as with France) is the locals, they´re just so rude. Luckily there are not many local people that live here which suits me fine as I don´t understand a word of their strange language!

My new job is good. Lots of freedom to do things how I want, really nice building with outdoor terrace that looks onto a little square and even more cats (eight in total), I have to feed them everyday!
Tonight, hopefully I'm out for my first night of hard core party time and tomorrow I'm going to spend the day and night with some distant Spanish relatives ... from past experience I'm guessing that's gonna be special.

THE UNEDITED STUFF

I am currently living with a crazy Argentian guy, we have been out quite a few nights on the bevvies and ended up kissing in Alpha club (a cool indie rock club on Gran de Gracia). We consequently have ended up getting it on which I think is a baaad idea for the following reasons
1. he is short, much shorter than i am when i'm not even wearing heels.
2. he is very hairy almost like a gorilla
3. he is a BAD kisser

Reasons i should discount the above reasons
1. he has a beautiful cat, fluffy and white...
2. he has taken me out when I had no other friends.
3. he takes photos of random walls.. hilarious.
4. Where is my mind
5. good cook

Having looked at the above I can conclude that all reasons are stupid.. but it is only a bit of fun after all.

No comments: