Monday, January 28, 2008

I am a loser

I may have mentioned the shiny new video shaped iPod present I got for Christmas/three kings.. It's great, I don't know how I went a year without one, but as much as I love it, I have a tiny problem.

Ways to use your iPod:

Listening to music at work - check
Watching Ugly Betty in bed - check
Doing either of the above on public transport - Errrr...

You see, I have an irrational fear of using my iPod on public transport lest it be stolen. This is ridiculous - I KNOW! Barcelona is like iPod city, you are no-one in Barcelona if you don't walk the streets with your trusty white rectangular-shaped steed. But still, I don't know, it's so new and shiny.. in the hands of a weak, pasty looking girl - a mugger's delight.

Coward? Me? Hell yes.

Remember those stories in the papers when iPods first came out:

"Muggers target iPod users because of the distinctive white headphones"?

No???
Well they damn near traumatised me.

So now, everytime I have to get on the bus/tram/metro, my super-dooper new fancy iPod just sits in my bag while I stare gormlessly out of the window listening to the tinny noise of the iPods all around me.

Sigh.


4 comments:

pink jellybaby said...

try it on a short journey when no one around you looks like a mugger....

Shameless said...

That's the problem.. to me, EVERYONE looks like a mugger. I obviously work in the gheeetttooo.

Robbie said...

Thats really weird as when we had a Spanish friend visiting over Christmas he had never heard of an iPod.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.