Monday, March 19, 2007

Slow slow

Hello,

Got back last night from a weekend in blighty, where the fields are green and the sun was shining, until that is, I had to get on my flight back to Spain and a mini-hurricane started causing extreme turbulence on my plane and a vast desire to chuck up the delicious pret sandwich I wolfed down before getting on the plane.

That aside, I managed to surprise my mum for mother's day and presented her with a gift pack from Lush, which she was pleased with. I happen to hate Lush, going in to buy her present was a trauma. The stuff stinks to high heaven and having the shop assistant thrust the foul smelling bath balls under my nose did not please me.

Usually on my visits home I like to indulge in a whole array of culinary delights not available in Spain, like good chinese food, fish and chips, sausage sandwiches etc etc. Unfortunately, I didn't have much time so I had to make to with a couple of sausages and a cheese and pickle sandwich...

It's been a slow kind of week!

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Isn’t it annoying when you make it home yet forget / don’t have time to indulge in the foods you miss?

Grrr. Ex pat lifestyle. Not all its cracked up to be.

Pickle said...

I don't get the Lush thing either - I thought I was the only one! I hate walking past the shop - even on windy days the smell still wafts out and hits you... I'd rather walk past Mellis' cheese shop.

Shameless said...

Yes - Lush is the invention of the devil - heaven forbid anyone should ever buy me a gift from there...

SpanishGoth said...

I had an excellent Chinese restaurant around the corner from me in Murcia. Sausage sandwiches I used to manage thanks to those sold at MuckyDonna (Mercadone) complete with HP brown sauce. Fish and chips I did get stumped on - can get mushy peas there though:)

I know what you mean by turbulence though - had it last week on flight from Barca to Bruxelles.