Thursday, December 07, 2006

My last post ever.........................................NOT

One hour to go before I get to leave work and not return for three whole days :) I do like the part of the December bank holiday I am actually allowed to have.

Today it is even colder than yesterday, maybe it will snow after all and lots of happy little catalans can scurry up to the mountains for a cheeky bit of skiing. or not.

Speaking of Nots, I went to see Borat the other day with Loco. As much as I try to get Loco to enjoy some anglophonic humour, perhaps Borat was not a good place to start for a beginner. "Yo what up Vanilla face" doesn't really translate well in subtitled Spanish. I did find the film amusing although there were moments where my hands went over my eyes and I cringed in a "oh please god he cannot have just done that. oh he did. oh no" kind of way.

Loco thought it was funny in places but that in general he had crossed the line too many times. I was also unsure as to whether Pamela Anderson knew about it - I have now found out that she did - how much funnier it would have been if she didn't know.

Apparently the police were called a total of 91 times during the filming of Borat. It doesn't really surprise me to be honest.

Anyhoo happy holidays shoppers

1 comment:

Fran MakeUSquirt said...

Really I don't think loco would never understand it...It is the same with my g/f who is spanish...British humour is so far from them, the closest they get is Mr.Bean that is aired one some locals TVs.

By the way I'm Belgian and living in Madrid and love British Humour

Kisses
Jean-Francois