Thursday, February 02, 2006

Non-Skiing Continued


After around 2 hours the train slowly pulled up and we all (now freezing, damp and covered in snow) piled on. The train pulled away inch by inch and then shortly after reversed inch by inch. This happened several times before it came to a complete stop and the driver and his wingman appeared from their booth with a meaningful look in their eyes. They surveyed the carriage and approached one of the snowboards leaning against the carriage wall. The driver picks it up and asks

"Who's is this?"

One of our group replied that it was his


"I need it, don't mind do you." replied the driver and with that he opened the train door and jumped off into waist deep snow, and then, I kid you not, he proceeded to use the snowboard to shovel snow from in front of the train.


It had snowed soo heavily during the previous few hours and the lack of trainage had meant that the track was covered in deep snow making it nigh on impossible for the train to get through, hence the reversing forwarding motion to try and cut through the snow.


Well after about 10 minutes of shovelling the driver decided that this wasn't going to work (no shit) so he announced to the train his new plan...
He would reverse as far back as he could and then accelerate to top speed in his hope to push through all the snow. We're all going to die - was my one and only thought. A miracle occurred and we somehow, after a very frightening journey, arrived back!

We then had a 20 minute walk back to the cottages freezing, soaking, tired and generally in a bad mood.
At this point half the group bought food at a local shop and the other half went for dinner. We later met up at the cottages for an evening of karaoke and drunkeness. Which was very fun! I made my karaoke debut and it has to be said - I loved it, once up there I did not want the spotlight off of me.. this could also be due to copius amounts of rum and coke by who knows.

At 3am I decided I would go for a bit of late night sledging. One of the guys, known to the group as jetman .. can't remember his real name.. decided to come with me.. and well, often in midnight sledging one thing leads to another and we ended up very heavy petting in a doorway of a nearby cottage and accidentally leaning on the doorbell. Oop..


The next day it was decided that after breakfast we would return to Barcelona as skiing was not an option..
In the evening we met up for some drinks as a final ending to the weekend and ended up in café real doing some crazy dance moves. Now, even though most people knew about the jetman thing it didn't stop most people coming up to me and telling me that I made a good match with J.T. (the amusing irishman), J.T. was also doing his share of flirting and dancing and somehow by the end of the evening we had managed to get separated from the rest of the group.

As we left the club and wandered around trying to find late night falafel, we were approached by the usual array of beer sellers, hookers and drug pushers. I wasn't after drugs but struck up a conversation with one such vendor as I noticed he had a bad of falafels and I wished to know where he had obtained them. Unfortunately his source was closed, but being a kind of generous fellow he donated 2 falafels to my cause.


Well, having lost the others, and his way back to his hotel, I invited him to my house where he turned out to be the NOISIEST person I have ever slept with. I thought he would wake all the neighbours not to mention my housemates... We did the obligatory swapping numbers thing but anymore of that and I think I would end up deafened.. and so that was the end of that.

No comments: