Friday, January 25, 2008

Brothel-zilla

In designing the new lay out of the apartment, we decided to put an archway in the living room, which leads into the hall, which in turn leads to the bedrooms.

This clever thinking saved us paying for another door. Doors are expensive don't you know.

The archway was one of the last things to be done and now the apartment is nearly finished (woop woop), all that is left is the flooring and painting.

Oh and redoing the archway.

You see, when we popped round last night to check on the progress, the archway had been done, which is good.

But, it looked like a giant penis, which is badddd.

So bad in fact, that Loco spent an hour this morning explaining to the builders how to redo the archway so that it would not look like, well like it did.

I didn't notice the penis resemblance until Loco pointed it out to me, but it stared him right in the face. I wonder what Freud would say. Apparently it will look even more like a penis when the frame has been put in.

The builders just looked bemused.In the end he told them to leave it how ever they want. Tonight we will go and see what "how ever they want" turned out.

Anyway, instead of the classy decoration scheme I was considering for the whole living room/hall way area, I think I'm now gonna go for some red light bulbs and a flashing neon sign saying welcome to the Palace of the Penis.

What do you think?

Note: It is in instances like this that I wish I remembered to take photos of things. God damn amusing fallic archway making me forget.

No comments: