Monday, March 12, 2007

Learning something new

I had a pretty quiet weekend, playing on the Wii, walking in the mountain, eating pizza and watching the Barça game.

When I first started dating Loco I was unaware that I would become a football widow. I think he hid his obsession with football from me and only let it show when I was well and tr
uly hooked. He says that I just chose not to see it and besides, I met him when the football season was already over.

I don't know how I failed to see the signs, he went away to Germany to watch the world cup for god's sake. Plus an unhealthy obsession with Pro-Evo, maybe he's right and I did just choose not to see it.

Yesterday we tried to go to the beach but it was absolutely packed, there was nowhere to park. We thought we saw someone about to leave so Loco wound down the window to ask, just as they replied that they were not leaving, someone in the space behind us decided to leave. Loco went to reverse but in that moment Audi prick appears and says


"Oh no, that space is mine"


"Ermm. Hang on. You've just arrived, that space is ours."

"No, no, voy yo" (no no i'm going) with the smuggest look
on his face. Loco chose to drive off as he isn't a very confrontational person, but oh my, the guy was such a prick. It was just his tone of voice that did it.. "no no"... fucker. I hope someone keys his damn audi.

We spent a while longer looking for a space but there was none to be found to we went up to the mountain for a walk instead. On the way I saw a truck drive down the road with big lights shinig on the back of it. On closer inspection there was another car on the back of the truck and they were filming it. And to think I always thought that the people in films were actually driving themselves! You learn something new everyday. I hear Woody Allen is filming his latest flick in Barcelona.. to think that maybe he was filming on my street...

Today I am incredibly tired and can hardly keep my eyes
open.. bring on home time.

4 comments:

Drama Queen said...

Oh I share your tiredness. And my ex was a football fan, it felt like I was in a relationship with him and ManU.

So glad I only lose BF to his guitar every now and them.

DQ

Pickle said...

I'm a football widow - I feel your pain. I also made the schoolgirl error of buying my boy Football Manager 2007 for his Christmas. I've hardly seen him since... Well, except the back of his head.

Drama Queen said...

Teeny. doh!

Shameless said...

Note to self: Never buy Loco any football related games. ever.