Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Let it snow...

It's so cold! Winter looks like it has finally arrived in Barcelona, after months of abnormal warmness today it is cold and rainy and a bank holiday. Alas not for me, some of us unfortunate guiris are slaving away in offices, hotels and restaurants all over the peninsula while many Spaniards have also been given tomorrow off and have gone away for a few days.

Normally the December bank holiday sees Spaniards flocking to the hills (mountains) to start the ski season. This year there is no snow, all the ski resorts are closed, so many have headed for the coasts. A friend of mine who has gone abroad to France for the ski season informed me that he is also short of work due to lack of the white stuff. Poor little ski workers - what will they live off?

Last year in November I froze my little... ok medium-large.. bum off in November so this year I had my mum bring all of my ski gear over early only for it to lie unused in a box in my wardrobe.

I at least have Friday off and am as yet undecided whether to go somewhere with Loco for the weekend or hang about here. Hmm.

No comments: