Tuesday, August 29, 2006

So today I decided that I would like to visit the doctor.

I was surprised, being in this technologically not advanced country, that they had a nifty little system whereby you go online, type in your medical card number and pick an appointment day and time. Surprised that is, until I found the next available appointment is in 3 to 4 weeks. Only in Spain.

I have already been given a bollocking by the doc for turning up without an appointment (i.e. emergency) (I had had swollen tonsils for a week), what should I do, wait a month, stay at home watching repeats of House, Lost and Desperate Housewives until they can fit me in. Hmm doesn't sound so bad when it's put like that.

Anyway I have decided now that I'm in lurve, I should probably get the "tests". Hopefully everything will be hunky dory but you never know and they're always bleating on about the percentage of people with Chlamydia who don't know etc so best to be safe than sorry.

No comments: