Monday, May 22, 2006

Why?


It’s that time again when I have to go out with my cousin in Sabadell. I am still not drinking so even though the cheese emporiums amuse me when drunk I am not sure whether they will hold the same enchantment when sober.

I am right. They are not nearly as much fun sober and when there is no alcohol to numb your high heeled feet they really hurt. And you get very tired.

I did, however, discover another disco named Malatsefestas, which has a great big BAYWATCH sign across the bar. It also has the obligatory semi-naked dancing barmaids and bar men and today a special treat – a fake tan demonstration that cuts short the music and has a woman spraying people with fake tan on the stage. Bizarre.

I became very tired far earlier than the first train is due to leave and so spend some time chatting with my cousin who has bought an apartment with Rat Steinberger. FOOL FOOL. I am aghast at this news. She is so young to be making such a commitment with such an idiot.

My favourite comments from the conversation.

(They only ever see each other at weekends) When we live together then we’ll really know whether we make a good couple or not besides we’ve already spent 2 weeks together on holiday.

AGGH! You should know that before you move in with someone.

Rat wants us to have children within 2 years

AGGH! Children? At 24? Are you mad woman?

I can take no more of this crazy speak and decide to go and wait on the cold platform for the train. As I am waiting a fight breaks out on the other side of the wall and young blokes run in and out of the station.. fascinating. The train pulls in and I decide to ask the chap sitting next to me what happened. He doesn’t appear to know but uses it as an opportunity to chat to me all the way home. He is a catalan musician who plays the sax (I think). He isn’t handsome and he reeks of beer. As soon as we reach my stop I run away as fast as I can.

On Saturday my housemate has been invited to a party by her intercambio and I decided to invite myself and Chuck decided to invite himself to wherever I was going. So the 3 of us went to meet Intercambio to go to this party. But first stop by a chupito bar (me still not drinking) I watch as the others down flaming idunnowhats and we then headed to the party. It was a skate party and so, not really my thing. I stood at started to chat with Intercambio’s mate who I shall call Loco. He seemed like a quiet little thing but the more I spoke to him, the more I thought, Hey – this is my kind of guy. We ended up ditching the party and going to another party in a swanky bar across town which was also dull. So we decided upon Arena – a big gay club in the center of Barcelona but where you normally tend to find more straight, leery pervs than actual gay men but it’s fun. By this point I was really quite fancying Loco and we had already started having little in jokes.. Besides intercambio and housemate were getting it on.

But besides that, I really liked him. I thought he was cute, funny and a little bit crazy J But I wasn’t particularly enamoured with his typical Catalan hairstyle i.e. the mullet.

I asked him if he wanted to come to a concert next week and he said he did.. :)

We all went for breakfast later and I ended up getting home at around 0830, I was so tired by this point and had fallen asleep at breakfast! So tired in fact that I forgot to give Loco my number or get his ... I now must find some way of acquiring it ..

I spend my Sunday drinking fruit juice on the beach front and going to the movies.

I watch Inside Man. It entertained me. I give it 7/10

No comments: