Sunday, February 20, 2005

Was nice to see a few peeps at the weekend when I was home even though my visit was so short..

Am still recovering from the 3am start on Tuesday to catch my flight back here. Had just enough time to drop off my suitcases and then I was back at work. I should have headed straight to bed that night but I was invited to Sitges, a nearby seaside town where they have the biggest Carnaval parades, and you know me, never like to miss out on anything, I decided to go along.

Sitges was pretty cool, everyone gets dressed up even though they're not in the parades and the atmosphere is awesome. Loads of people dancing in the street, drinking, giant m&m's salsaring with pirates. The only downer was that it absolutely poured with rain and I ended up getting soaked.

Some of the fancy dress outfits were amazing, the people there go to loads of effort. I dressed up as a school girl the only outfit I could throw together in 5 minutes with the few clothes I have here. I tried to get my photo taken with my favourite fancy dress outfits but unfortunately i didn't manage to get my photo taken with the sheep or the giant m&m's..

Some guys in HUGE afro wigs tried to kidnap me and carry me off but luckily I managed to escape and rejoin my friends ..

Last night I went to a bar called the black sheep where they do the most delicious sangria in huge jugs for the bargain price of 8,50 Euros

Incidentally, The Shamless Hussy Hotel has taken its first booking and shall be welcoming Jay and his friend Adrian (an ex fling) out at the beginning of March.
Well I had better get back to work. Am off out to another Carnaval party tonight, it should be good although I don't think I'll be dressing up again!

THE UNEDITED STUFF

Jack - Another Brit! Has also just recently arrived in Barcelona and he seems like a jolly nice chap so I've appointed him as a new friend.

Mr C and I have been seeing each other for a couple of weeks now. Although he did not come and see me on Valentine's day he did give me a silver bracelet with my name on. (although it has his on the other side). On Valentines day I ended up going to the cinema with Jack and Sarah Oz to see Meet the Fockers! We got free chocolates.. it pleased me..

I then went to a strange strange bar called Aurora in the Raval (a dodgy area of Bcn full of hookers and other unsavoury characters).. amazing mojitos.. with an Irish guy I'd met through intercambio (don't ask). Anyway the mojitos were very strong and then the barmen invited us to some shots... รง
"what would you like?" he asked
"something yummy" I said
That something yummy turned out to be Baileys, Tia Maria, and... dun dun duh.. Absinthe. Revolting. I felt like I'd been twatted over the head. Passed out at Mark's.. and no nothing happened.

No comments: